Multi-storey car parks have been part of our lives since 1901
Car park structures are an essential part of the infrastructure in Australia and are important assets for many shopping centres, businesses,residential blocks and local authorities. To ensure that these structures are safe, both structurally and for the car park users, and commercially viable, they require regular maintenance and upkeep. Car parks are frequently exposed to severe conditions, including exposure to chloride ions from a marine environment, that will lead to corrosion of the reinforcement. This is a safety hazard to the car park users and if not treated will also structurally weaken the car park and lead to closure. MSCP’s are often of a relatively slender constructions that are nowadays required to support ever increasing loads from larger vehicles. Without the correct maintenance significant structural problems can develop which unfortunately have already led to car park collapses in some countries.
CRL specialise in the inspection and refurbishment of multi storey and underground car park structures. With our 65 years’ international experience in the repair & refurbishment industry we can provide successful cost-effective solutions which meet the client objectives.
The majority of the work is undertaken by our own in-house skilled operatives and supervised by our Chartered Engineers. Our planning team can programme the works to be undertaken whilst the car park remains in operation with minimum disruption to the parking public and loss of parking spaces/revenue.
CRL are able to undertake the full refurbishment of car parks including :
- Condition surveys and investigations,
- Concrete Repairs,
- Coatings to protect and improve the appearance and luminance,
- Coloured non-slip membranes and lining that again provide protection to the deck from salts as well as improving the aesthetic appearance and safe use of the car park,
- Strengthening works to columns or decks,
- Galvanic and ICCP systems,
- Lighting installation and upgrades including energy control systems,
- External Car Park Facades,
- Ticketing installation systems,
- Railing/barrier systems,
- Movement Joints, and
- Other miscellaneous building repairs.
CRL realise the importance of a fast return to service and minimising loss of car parking spaces and revenue. We will work with you to optimise the programme, looking at sequences, fast cure materials, out of hours working whilst maintaining a safe working environment both for your users and our operational teams.